Party Gator Purgatory: Neon Pink & Neon Green Double Vinyl LPBELLA1430V
Pre-Order Item. Release Date Subject to Change.
Label: Bella Union
Release Date: 19th May
'Party Gator Purgatory' is the musical brainchild of James Acaster who has pulled together an inspired cast of 40 musicians and artists from all corners of music whether its hip hop, soul, experimental, noise, soul, indie and all else in between. It's his debut as a producer and judging from the teaser tracks, it sounds like a warped psychedelic hip hop neon party gator curated wonderland.
For those who dig: check the tracklist
- lookaliveandplaydead (feat. Quelle Chris, Mal Devisa, Denmark Vessey, Foonyap)
- kept (feat. NNAMDÏ, Gaston Bandimic, Xenia Rubinos, Satomi Matsuzaki, Law Holt, Quelle Chris)
- partygatorR.I.P. (feat. Xenia Rubinos, Denmark Vessey, Quelle Chris, bb tombo)
- no,no (feat. Quelle Chris, Xenia Rubinos, NNAMDÏ, Shamir)
- at(moves) (feat. Quelle Chris, Wheelchair Sports Camp, Mal Devisa)
- partygatorpurgatory (feat. Babar Luck, Law Holt, Gaston Bandimic, bb tombo)
- ificouldjust (feat. Yoni Wolf, Quelle Chris, Shamir, Montaigne, Ami Dang)
- bleedthemtoxins (feat. Joana Gomila, NNAMDÏ, Shamir, Quelle Chris)
- partygatorresurrection (feat. Open Mike Eagle, me oh myriorama, Montaigne, Low Growl, bb tombo)
- slowreturn (feat. Yoni Wolf, Shamir)
- fitinthiscostume (feat. Ami Dang, Emma Daman, Blanck Mass, me oh myriorama, Gaston Bandimic, Law Holt, Public Speaking, The Growth Eternal)
- firstbirthday (feat. NNAMDÏ, Public Speaking)
- partygatorpoltergeist (feat. me oh myriorama, J Thoubbs, The Growth Eternal)
Temps is a 40-strong international music collective, consisting of artists across multiple genres, fronted by a cartoon alligator.
Featuring such geniuses as Quelle Chris, John Dieterich, Joana Gomila, Laia Vallès and Seb Rochford, Temps’ ten-track debut PARTY GATOR PURGATORY was produced, curated and devised by UK stand-up comedian James Acaster. Released via Bella Union, this mind-bending opus rose from the ashes of an aborted mockumentary made with Louis Theroux’s money.
Vast in scope and scale, and fizzing with an experimental energy, the trippy PARTY GATOR PURGATORY manages to blend a host of ideas, guests and moods into an album that draws you into its own unique world. “I became completely obsessed with this project,” states Acaster as he hand-draws the album’s artwork himself, using a trio of highlighter pens, “it was all I focussed on for two years and we ended up making my favourite thing ever. I hope people enjoy it.”